How do you ensure that the water that gets to your home is healthy and safe for your family? The water that gets into our homes is usually contaminated along the way before it gets there. Some of these contaminants are the primary cause of various diseases. To be on the safe side, you need to have an effective filtration system that provides clean water that is free from contaminants, and this is where whole house water filters come in.
Unlike other types of filters that are set at specific points like around the sink, whole house water filters are connected to the main pipe that directs water to your home. This means that all the water that gets to various parts of your home like the kitchen faucets, washing machines, washrooms, bathrooms, and any other part is spotless and healthy.
Due to their effectiveness, whole house water filters are more expensive than other types of water filters. However, not all of these units are effective. Our aim is always to provide the best products that will give our readers the best value for their money. To make your work easier when buying, today we shall look at the best whole house water filters that will give you the best performance. Check them below.
11 Best Whole House Water Filters that are Worth Your Money
|Aquasana Whole House Water Filter System w/ Salt-Free Conditioner||Prime||Buy Now|
|Express Water Heavy Metal Whole House Water Filter - 3 Stage Home Water Filtration System||Prime||Buy Now|
|APEC Water Systems FUTURA-15 Premium 15 GPM Whole House||Prime||Buy Now|
|AO Smith 6-Year, 600,000-Gallon Whole House Water Filter||Prime||Buy Now|
|APEC Water Systems GREEN-CARBON-Up to 1,000K Gallon||Prime||Buy Now|
|Home Master HMF2SmgCC Whole House Water Filter||Prime||Buy Now|
|iSpring WGB22B 2-Stage Whole House Water Filtration System||Prime||Buy Now|
|3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Sanitary Quick Change Water Filter System||Prime||Buy Now|
|CULLIGAN WH-HD200-C Whole House Sediment Water||Prime||Buy Now|
|Aquasure Water Softener w/Aquatrol Digital Head||Prime||Buy Now|
|Express Water Alkaline Rev Osmo Filtration System - 10 Stage RO Mineralizing Water Filter||Prime||Buy Now|
Aquasana Whole House Water Filter System w/ Salt-Free Conditioner- Filters Sediment & 97% Of Chlorine – Carbon & KDF Home Water Filtration
If you are searching for the best whole house water filter system that will give you the best value for your money, this filter is absolutely a top choice. It might be more expensive than other models, but it provides unmatched performance. One of the most amazing things about it is that it can remove up to 97% of chlorine. Apart from that, it can remove harmful contaminants such as lead pesticides, mercury, herbicides, and other impurities from the water.
Another awesome thing you will love about it is that it is effortless to maintain because it does not require back flushing or draining. However, you should replace the filters every three months. With this filter, you will be able to access clean water for not more than $0.01 per gallon. Do not forget that it is a filter that you can use for even ten years. What makes it unique from the rest is its high-performance filtration system, which combines carbon and KDF filtration media. To enhance the process, it also applies Scale Control Media salt-free technology to ensure that all the contaminants are removed effectively, and only healthy minerals are left in the water.
- Prevents build-up of line around the sink
- Greatly improves the water taste
- The best solution for hard water
- Provides up to 1,000,000 gallons of filtered water
- Very advanced
- It is a 10-years filter system
Not the best customer service
Express Water Heavy Metal Whole House Water Filter-3 Stage home Water Filtration System
Express Water Heavy Metal Whole House Water Filter is another fantastic water filter that you cannot afford to miss. It comes with excellent features that enable it to provide clean water for your family. With this unit, you are assured that you will get fresh and tasty water from any faucet in your home. What makes it different from the rest is that all the filters are designed to work together to provide safe water. The design is straightforward to understand, which means that you won’t spend a lot of time when changing the filters.
It is among the best whole house water filters that can remove rust, iron, pesticides, chlorine, viruses, fungi, copper, turbidity, silt, harmful chemicals, aluminum, insecticides, and other water contaminants that might be dangerous to your health. The other remarkable thing you will love about it is that it can provide up to 0.25 gallons of water per second. It also comes with a stainless steel freestanding frame, which allows you to install it easily on the ground. Additionally, it has pressure release buttons for every filter and pressure gauges that will enable you to monitor the system.
- Made of high-quality food-grade materials
- It meets NSF and ANSI standards
- Provides up to 0.25 gallons of water per second
- It comes with a long-lasting stainless freestanding mount
- A pressure gauge is included for monitoring
- One year warranty plus free lifetime support
Requires a lot of work to install
APEC Water Systems FUTURA-15 Premium 15 GPM Whole House Water Filter
APEC Water Systems FUTURA-15 is another reliable and top-notch whole house water filter you can find today. It uses advanced ceramic media to neutralize the properties of hard water. The filtration system is safe and natural since it does not require salt or chemicals. As a result, the water that comes out after the process promotes soft skins and hair. Apart from that, it makes your clothes to appear bright after washing. Another thing is that it protects the water pipes from corrosion, which in turn boosts the lifespan of your home appliances such as water heater, washing machines, dishwasher, among others.
When it comes to installation, you will find that this system can be connected without using electricity or wastewater drainage. Since it does not add salt or chemicals in the water, you can use it in your garden or lawn. It is also suitable for pets and anyone who needs restricted intake. It is a bit expensive, but it is covered by a ten-year warranty as proof of quality. On top of that, you will get lifetime support from a professional in case you need any assistance.
- Suitable for homes with many rooms
- It has a water flow rate of 15 gallons per minute
- It provides a flow rate of
- 100% safe for animals and plants
- Ten years warranty
· Not suitable for those on a tight budget
AO Smith 6-Year 600,000 Whole House Water Filter
When searching for a quality whole house water filter, one of the critical things you must check is the durability and water capacity the unit can filter before replacement. AO Smith 6 year is one of the most durable water filters that you can find today. As compared to others, it has a higher filtration capacity of up to 600,000 gallons of water. Apart from that, it removes chlorine taste and odor from water by 97%.
In case you use hard water in your home, or you experience itchy skin after bathing, this one will be a perfect solution. Due to this, it also makes your skin and hair soft. Another impressive thing you need to note is that it prevents chlorine from evaporating into the air. This means that the air you breathe in your home will be very fresh. To provide the best performance, the unit also comes with a shut-off valve, convenient water filter, hose adaptor, and nipple.
- Reasonable price
- Prevents chlorine from evaporating
- Boosts skin and hair softness
APEC Water Systems Green –Carbon 10-Premium Whole House Water Filter
The Green-Carbon 10 is another top-quality whole house water filter that is worth your money. It uses an advanced catalytic coconut shell carbon, which provides almost twice the ability to remove monochloramine from water. As a result, it can absorb severe chemicals such as chloramines, which cannot be removed by ordinary activated carbon filters. In terms of installation, you will be happy to note that this unit is straightforward to install. You will need to connect it to the main water supply line.
Again, you won’t incur any maintenance costs like other models. The other thing is that it comes with an inch FTP outlet and inlet ports to enhance the water flow. You should also note that it is suitable for 133 bedroom houses. For those who experience itchy skin and scalp after taking a shower, this is among the best water filters that prevent that by removing any chemicals. All Green Carbon filters come with a free10 inch Big Blue Whole House Water filter, which is worth $150. The 10-inch Big Blue filter not only boosts the performance, but it also helps to long the lifespan of the screen.
- Doesn’t require backward or regeneration
- Easy to install and maintain
- Promotes healthy skin and hair
- Provides chemical-free water
- It uses the highest-grade catalytic coconut-based activated carbon
· Not suitable for homes with more than three bedrooms
Home Master HMF2SmgCC Whole House Two-Stage Filtration System Water Filter
Here comes another fantastic filter you should use in your home. The first thing you should note about it is that it can remove up to 95% of chlorine, chemicals, sediments, chloramines, among other impurities that may cause the water to have a four taste. This also means that it removes the unpleasant smell from the sea. Another major selling point of this unit is that it uses a coconut carbon filter that can clean up to 95,000 gallons of water.
For easy installation, a patent-pending steel mounting bracket is also included. You will also find that it comes with oversize filters, which boost the flow rate and also helps to reduce the maintenance frequency. Also, it comes with 1-inch ports that provide high water pressure. As a result, it can filter up to 10 gallons of water per minute. It is also worth mentioning that it uses four gradient sediment filter which provides a high dirt holding capacity and a finer filtration. Lastly, it comes with a two years limited warranty.
- Removes odors from the water
- Purifies up to 95,000gallons of water
- Easy to mount through the patent-pending steel mounting bracket
- Filters heavy metal and chemicals
Not very easy to install
iSpring WGB22B 2-Stage Whole House Water Filtration System
iSpring is one of the most popular brands when it comes to the manufacturing of high-quality water filters. One of the top-rated products from this company is the iSpring WGB22B-2 Stage Whole House Water Filter. The first thing you should note about it is that it uses highly compact fabrication tech and coconut shell carbon to provide the best results. It has a water flow of 15 gallons per minute and works at a minimum pressure of 25 psi. The maximum pressure required is 80 psi and works at a temperature of 40-100 degrees.
In terms of performance and durability, this unit provides 100,000-gallon capacity before you replace it. Due to the coconut shell activated carbon filter, the unit offers a full year of clean water. You should also note that it is designed to remove up to 95% of chlorine, sediment, chemicals, chloramines, metals, and other contaminants that can cause the water to have a bad taste and odor. Don’t forget that it comes with a one year warranty and lifetime free support. The good thing about it is that it meets both NSF and ANSI standards.
- Approved by NSF and ANSI
- Reasonable price
- Provides a water flow of 15 GPM
- Easy to install
- Great customer service
3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Sanitary Quick Change Water Filter System AP904
If you require a whole house water filter that you can use in a large home, this one will be a perfect choice. One of the most outstanding things about it is that it meets NSF Standards 42 certified, which is one of the most respected independent certification bodies in the world. The other thing is that it is resistant to corrosion since it uses a 304 stainless steel head which is easy to install on existing copper pipes in your home. It also has a capacity of 100,000 gallons before you replace the cartridge. The activated carbon filter provides a water flow rate of 10 gallons per minute and intermittent peak flow rates of 20 gallons per minute. For easier installation, it comes with a 1-inch outlet and inlet connections. It has a Sanitary Quick Change design that allows you to change the 3M Aqua-Pure AP917HD-S replacement water filter.
- Easy to replace
- Resistant to corrosion
- Suitable for large homes
- Meets NSF standards
- It has a capacity of up to100,000 gallons
- Not very effective in removing the smell
- May not last for a long time
Culligan WH-HD200-C Whole House Sediment Water 1” HD CLR WTR Filter
Culligan WH-HD200-C is among the most affordable whole house water filters you can find on the market. You can highly rely on it when it comes to the removal of sand, dirt, and silt from the water. With this device, you are sure that your family will be getting fresh water. This means that the water that will be coming out from your faucets, bathroom, and laundry room will be spotless. To boost the water flow rate, a 1-inch inlet and outlet are included.
The package also includes a mounting bracket, filter battery monitor, housing wrench, and a filter life monitory device. It works at a temperature range of between 40°F and 100°F and works at a pressure range of 30-100 psi. Also, it comes with a bypass shut off valve, filter change timer, which is operated by a battery and an integrated bracket design. Another thing you will be happy to note about the unit is that it has been tested and approved by WQA, which means that it meets the NSF/ANSI 372 standards for low lead compliance. It also meets CSA B483.1 and NSF ANSI 42 standards for safety and structural integrity.
- Ideal for residential homes
- Space-saving design
- It comes with different accessories
- Approved by different bodies
- Not durable
- Leakage problems
Water Softener w/Aquatrol Digital Head and 10 Inch Sediment Dual Purpose Filter
This one has a unique design that combines all the benefits of sediments and granular activated carbon to reduce chlorine, chemicals, dirt, rust, chemicals, sand, and odor using a low-pressure drop. In terms of construction, this unit is made of high strength and premium materials that make it easy to install. Again, it can treat up to 48,000 grains of water hardness because it can remove hard minerals like magnesium and iron that might damage your skin. If your home has 3-4 bedrooms, this whole house filter will be an excellent choice.
It can serve a family of up to 5 members, and the good thing about it is that it provides clean, chemical-free, and softened water that is safe for consumption. Another extraordinary thing about it is that it minimizes your water bills by removing chemicals and particles. This prolongs the lifespan of your home appliances. Apart from that, it is straightforward to customize since it allows three types of regeneration. They include meter immediate control, and time clock delayed control and meter delayed control. This means that you can optimize its performance according to your requirements.
- Prolongs the lifespan of household appliances by removing chemicals
- Easy to customize
- It can treat up to 48,000 grains of water hardness
- Made of high-quality materials
Express Water Whole House Water Filter-Home Water Filtration Process-Sediment Filter
In case you are on a tight budget, Express Water Whole House Water Filter will be among the best options you should consider. It is not very advanced, but it is also useful. The first thing you will notice about it is the simple design, which makes it easy to use for everyone. The good thing about it is that it has a high water flow water and provides clean water in your home without any effect on the water pressure.
Another thing you will love about it is that it is made of 100% food-grade materials, which means that it is very durable. Again, it is tested and approved by ANF and ANSI for quality. The housing is also made of a long-lasting food-grade ABS plastic. In terms of water flow, it provides 0.25 gallons per second. To boost performance and efficiency, the housing is fitted with a long-lasting stainless steel mount. Another excellent feature is the pressure release button, which allows you to remove the filters easily. It can filter up to 100,000 gallons of water. This is equivalent to 6-12 months of service.
- Large 1-inch coactions enhance the high flow
- Heavy-duty filter
- Protects the whole house from silt, dirt, rust and other sediments
- High-grade filter design
- Verified by NSF/ANSI
· It does not remove all types of water contaminants
Page Informational Section
What is a Whole House Water Filter?
There are different types of water filters you can install in your home. Some of these filters are designed to be connected under the sink. Others are made to work with your refrigerator. Unlike the point of use water filters, which are usually installed on the water source, a whole house water filter is installed at the junction before the water reaches the water fixtures. This means that the water that gets to your kitchen faucets, bathroom, washing machine, or any other room within your house is already filtered.
One of the major advantages of having a whole house water filter is that even the water you will be sprinkling in your garden will be free from contaminants that might affect the plants. In short, using a whole house water system ensures that you have safe and clean water for drinking, cooking, bathing, washing, and any other activity that requires water in your home. Again, removing chemicals and heavy metals will prevent the build-up of minerals on the pipes and other fixtures. Additionally, it removes bad odors and also gives your water a better taste.
How many times should you replace the water filters?
The good thing about most of the whole house water filters is that they are easy to maintain. However, you need to replace the filter cartridge frequently to get the best performance. Before we come to the number of times you should replace the filters, let us first of all look at the benefits of changing these filters.
Why do you need to change the water filters?
You will find that most of the whole house water filters come with replacement filters that are easy to change. One of the major benefits of replacing these filters is that you will always be assured of getting the best results when you have installed a new filter. What you need to know is that these filters contain sieve traps, which may clog after some time due to the accumulation of small particles. When this happens, the water will not pass through them as required. Even if the whole house water filter does not come with the replacement filters, you shouldn’t worry because they are very cheap.
In order to ensure that you do not forget to replace the water filters, below are some of the things you should do.
- Add a note on your calendar – After you have installed a new filter, you should mark the date and check the recommended duration that you are supposed to replace the filters. If possible, set a recurring event as a reminder.
- Buy several replacement filters- Purchasing bulk filters is great because you will always have enough filters to replace any time you want.
- Schedule filter replacement tasks with other maintenance duties- Pairing maintenance tasks will make it easier for you to remember. For example, you can opt to change your air conditioner filter the same time you will be replacing your water filters.
Which are the major contaminants that are found in the water?
- Physical contaminants- These include organic materials and sediments that are usually suspended in rivers, lakes, and streams and which are later carried by erosion.
- Chemical contaminants– These ones may be natural or manmade. Chemical contaminants include salts, pesticides, bleach, chlorine, metals, human drugs, among others.
- Biological contaminants- These ones include organisms that might be found in water, such as bacteria, viruses, parasites, and protozoan.
- Radiological contaminants– These are chemical elements such as uranium, cesium, and plutonium.
Should you invest in a whole house water filter?
- Clean water- The first benefit is that you will be sure that the water you are consuming is clean and safe. This means that you won’t need to worry about chemicals that might be present in the water. Some of the chemicals that are used to purify the water in the water plant like chlorine may have an unpleasant smell. Using a whole house water filter removes bad odors and enhances the taste of the water.
- Elimination of water hardness– Hard water may have some negative effects on your skin and your health in general. The good thing about most of the whole house water filters we have reviewed is that they are able to soften the water that gets into your home. This means that they are able to reduce minerals, which allows the water to form lather easily when washing clothes. Reducing minerals, such as calcium, will also allow your appliances to run more efficiently. This also boosts their durability.
- Removal of dirt and debris- There is nothing more irritating than seeing dirt particles in the water. Installing a whole house water filter is the most effective way of solving this problem since these units are able to remove even the smallest particles.
- Minimize lead- Lead is one of the dangerous water contaminants. To be on the safe side, it is good to ensure that you have an effective whole house water filter in place.
- Removes bacteria and other harmful microorganisms- We all know that bacteria, viruses, and parasites are the major cause of various diseases. One of the major benefits of investing in a quality whole house water filter is that it is able to remove all microscopic organisms.
- Skin– Due to chemicals and other contaminants that might be present in the water, you might experience itching after washing. The good thing about purified water is that it gives your skin a nice look.
- Rust- Another benefit of purified water is that it prevents the build-up of minerals on the pipe and home appliances such as faucets. This means that it also minimizes the chances of rusting.
How to Install a Whole House Water Filter
If you love DIY projects, you may not need to hire a plumber to assist you during the installation. It might not be very easy to install it yourself, but if you follow our guide keenly, you will find that it is a very straightforward process. After you have installed, you will not be required to do a lot in terms of maintenance.
- Water filter system
- Pipe cutter
- Teflon Tape
- Copper pipe
- Pipe fittings
- Pipe cleaner
- Filter fitting adapters
- Copper ball valves
- The first thing you should do id to look for the main water shut-off that connects to your home. Ensure it is off and then turn on the faucets to drain any remaining water from the pipe.
- Determine the area where you want to install the filtration unit.
- Using a pipe cutter, cut the main water pipe and clean the pipe inside and out.
- Install the fittings using solder, and after you have done so, use a Teflon tape to connect the filter housing to the adapter fittings.
- You can now turn on the shut off valve. However, you should confirm that the inlet valve that is located on the filter is off. You can turn the inlet valve on if there are no leakages.
- Lastly, activate the carbon filter on the unit.
- The installation process may differ according to the type of whole house filter you are using. However, always check the instructions provided by the manufacturer before you install it.
What are the differences between Whole House Water Filters and other water filters?
The common types of water filters that are used in many homes are activated carbon filters, sediment filters, and mixed media. Reverse osmosis filter is one of the most popular filters you will find in many homes. It is very convenient and effective, but it can only be used at a specific point of use, mostly under a sink. This means that not all the water in your house will be filtered. Again, it is a bit expensive because you will need to install a reverse osmosis filtration system in every sink.
Another thing is that whole house water filtration systems provide a higher flow rate as compared to other filtration units. In terms of maintenance, whole house water filter systems are the easiest to maintain. They might be a bit expensive to buy, but they are very economical in the end.
Which is the Best Place to Buy a Whole House Water Filter?
Today you can get a whole house water filter from different online and offline outlets. Since they are a bit expensive, you need to be very keen before you spend your money because not all models will give you great performance. Therefore, one of the best places to buy these products is Amazon.
One of the major benefits of ordering these products from Amazon is that you can easily compare the features and prices of different products before buying. This will make your work easier when narrowing down to the best product that suits your needs. Again, you will be able to check what customers are saying about the product. This will allow you to have accurate details about the product. You should compare the positive and negative customer feedback before you make a decision.
When Should You Install a Whole House Water Filter?
Below are some of the instances where you may need to install a water filter.
- When there are chlorine and nitrates compounds in the water
- In case your water has a bad taste
- When you feel that there might be harmful chemicals and heavy metals in your water
- In case you are using hard water in your home
- For those who have poor immune systems, a whole house water filter will be a suitable choice
Factors to Consider when Buying a Whole House Water Filter
Whole house water filters are more expensive as compared to other water filters used in many homes. This means that you need to be very sure of the product you want to buy to ensure that you get the best value for your investment. It can be very frustrating after buying an expensive product only to find that it is not as durable or effective as you would expect. To make your work easier, below are some of the things you should check.
- Type of filter- There are different types of whole house water filters, which means that you need to do thorough research on the best type you would like to buy. You need to know that when it comes to the removal of various contaminants from the water, these filters work differently. Therefore, you need to talk to a professional in case you are not sure of the type of contaminants that are available in your water.
- Water flow rate – Buying a whole house water filter without checking the flow rate first is a bad idea. You need to know the amount of water that the unit can filter per minute. The best whole house water filter should have a high flow rate or should filter as much water as possible per minute.
- Durability- The lifespan of a whole house water filter matters a lot. You can easily determine this by checking the provided capacity. Some filters have a capacity of up to 1,000,000. Filters with a higher capacity are always the best. Note that some models need to be changed every month, which might be very costly.
- Size- These units are available in different sizes. A large water filter is usually preferred in case you have a high water supply, but you need to be sure that you have enough space where you will install it.
- Certification- One of the best ways to determine the reliability and performance of a water filter is checking whether various bodies like the ANSI and NSF certify it.
- Reviews- Don’t forget to check the product rating and reviews if you are purchasing online. You also need to go through what customers are saying about the unit before investing.
- Price– When it comes to whole house water filters, it is not advisable to buy the cheapest. Instead, go for quality irrespective of price. Some of the cheap whole house water filters may not be effective in the removal of all contaminants.
- Size of the pipe- You need to be sure about the pipe size that directs water to your house. Most of these pipes have a diameter of 1 or ¾ inches. Before buying, you need to confirm that the size of the filter pipe is compatible with that of the main water pipe that directs waters to your house. Picking the correct pipe size will also provide the required water pressure.
How Does a Whole House Water Filter Work?
Whole house water filters are available in different types, which means that they do not work the same. However, the filtration process does not differ a lot. These filters usually allow the water to pass through different filtration stages, where each stage removes specific types of contaminants.
They are usually installed on the main pipe that feeds water to your house, and during the first stage of filtration, rough sediments and particles are filtered out. These particles include sand, rust, and silt. Most of these systems require you to install valves that direct water to different filters instead of using the mainline. Once the water has been filtered, it gets out of the system, where it is then directed back to the main water supply line. You can easily turn off the valves to bypass the system during maintenance. Below are the two major filtration stages.
1. Sediment filter
This stage is also known as the pre-filter stage. It is very common in all filtration systems, including those filters that use reverse osmosis. At this stage, large particles are removed, which is very important because it protects the filters from wear and tears in the next stages.
2. Activated carbon filter
This stage uses granular activated carbon to remove contaminants. What you need to note is that it does not work through absorption. Instead, certain contaminants are attracted to the carbon surface where they are filtered out. Through this stage, various contaminants that cannot be removed by other methods like Volatile Organic Compound s are removed. It also removes chlorine and bad smell from the water.
Maintenance Tips for Whole House Water Filters
Fortunately, most of the whole house water filters are very easy to maintain, but if you want the unit to serve you for many years, you should consider the following.
- Always check the system frequently to confirm that there are no leakages.
- You should check the time when you are supposed to change the filters.
- Follow the instructions provided for pressure release. Some models will require you to leave the tap open.
- You should go through the manual keenly before you change the filters.
- Never clean and re-use old filters
- Sanitize the filtration system after cleaning using the guidelines provided
- Install new filters correctly into the housing
- Check the details on how long you should run the water on the filters before consuming
- Always consult an expert if you are not sure about something. Most of the manufacturers provide free support after purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
a) How frequently should you replace your whole house water filter?
The duration in which you are supposed to change the unit varies from one product to the other. Most of the filters have a lifespan of 3 to 6 months. The good thing about these units is that you do not need to change the whole filtration unit. All you need to do is to buy replacement filters that are affordable and easy to change. It is also advisable to check the instructions provided by the manufacturer when you should replace the filters.
b) What happens if I do not change the filter?
Changing the water filters regularly means that you will also be assured that the water that is getting to your house is clean and safe. These filters are usually made to work for a specific duration, and after that, they are no longer effective, which means that they will o longer be able to remove water contaminants. They also prevent the build-up of minerals on various appliances.
c) Our whole house water filters worth it?
For those who use well water, a whole house water filter will be very important. The good thing about these systems is that they are very effective in removing rust, sediments, heavy metals, chemicals, and other contaminants as compared to other types of filters. As a result, they are a bit expensive but are worth their price.
d) How do I know the type of contaminants available in the water?
Before you buy a whole house water filter, you should check the type of contaminants it is able to remove and then compare that with the contaminants available in your water. All you need to do is to take a water sample in a water lab for testing. You can also use a pH meter, which you can use to test the water.
e) Should I buy a cheap whole house water filter?
If you are on a tight budget, you might be tempted to look for a cheap model. Some of these models are effective, but they are not the best as compared to the expensive ones. You will find that most of them have a very simple design, which means that they use a few stages of filtration. As a result, you cannot rely on them to remove all contaminants from water.
f) Do I need a plumber to install?
You will find that most of these systems have a straightforward design, which makes them easy to install. However, if DIY projects are not your thing, then you may need to hire a plumber to guide you during installation.
g) Does a whole house water filter affect the water pressure?
As the system removes contaminants from the water, the water pressure is likely to go down. This means that the water pressure to the faucets, sinks, and other appliances will decrease.
Our Final Verdict
Investing in a quality whole house water filter is a great thing if you really care about the health of your family. The good thing about these systems is that they are very easy to maintain even if their initial cost is usually high. Again, you cannot compare the price with the health problems that might result from consuming contaminated water. However, you need to be aware that these units do not work the same. Most of them are designed to remove specific impurities. This means that you need to test your water first to check the impurities that might be present before buying. Otherwise, you may end up with a unit that is not suitable for the type of water that gets to your home. Again, go for a unit that can remove as many contaminants as possible.
You also need to check the lifespan or the amount of water the unit can filter before you replace it. What we can assure you is that you can never go wrong with any of the products we have reviewed in this guide. We took a lot of time comparing the features of different products, and this is how we came up with this list. This means that we only considered the best products. Don’t forget to check the product ratings before buying. It is our hope that you will be able to identify a good whole house water filter from this list.